One of our learning exchanges in our recent Innové Immersion Day was on Strategy, a thoughtful mindset that every young social entrepreneur needs. Here is Kevin Kickhaefer’s slide deck from the Immersion Day. Hope it is helpful and you seek to launch your venture!
Archives For social change
Throughout the process of Innové participants will have access to mentors called Navigators. These Navigators’ purpose is to support and encourage the participants, helping to bring the ideas closer to reality.
Along the way, participants will also have access to Skills Coaches. These Skills Coaches have very specific areas of expertise and are available to provide one on one coaching in a variety of skill sets. This helps bring the idea even closer to reality, having helped flesh it out and providing expertise in areas where questions still abound.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to network and share their passions with each other. This sharing and networking brings the ideas even closer to launch.
Now armed with finely-tuned proposals, finals will receive financial funding to launch their ideas, or take their existing non-profit to the next level.
Desiring to ensure that every launch is a successful one, finalists also will be office space (depending on the needs) and further access to coaches during and incubation period.
We want to partner, support, care and encourage you in the coming years to ensure that your launch is successful and that your project flourishes and thrives.
We’re committed to help you achieve a successful launch. Where else are you going to get that kind of cheerleading and support?
Simply, Innové’s connection with Colonial Church is financial and in mentoring and skills sharing.
- Through the sale of a piece of land, Colonial Church was blessed with a sum of money and we didn’t want to hid the money under a “bushel basket”, so to speak. We saw it as a gift and wanted to maximize it. From this was birthed to idea to support young social entrepreneurs with $250,000 in support.
- Second, Colonial Church has a great tradition of innovation and is made up of a wide collection of caring, generous and intelligent people. There are highly successful and skilled people who want their faith to be lived out in real ways and to have the opportunity to share their experience in ways that mentor and support others. They’ll serve as mentors and skills coaches, pouring into our applicants.
This does not mean that participation with Innové is limited to current attenders of Colonial Church. Quite the opposite. Innové is an effort to reach outside our walls and draw in young entrepreneurs, supporting and mentoring them so they can can then be turned back loose to serve the world.
Innové exists to help young social entrepreneurs grow their ideas. If you have an idea that could change the world and are under 35 years old and live in the greater Twin Cities metro area, then we invite you to submit your proposal. We are putting up $250,000 to fund and launch ideas.
All ideas should for for the purpose of social and cultural betterment. In other words, they should seek to make the world a better place. Whether they seek justice, clothe the naked, feed the starving, help the widowed and orphaned in their distress, or loose the chains of bondage, we want to hear about it. Speak from you passion.
The idea can be from an individual or a team of entrepreneurs working together. It can be a pure start-up or an existing non-profit that is looking for help to scale to the next level.
Again, speak from your passion and the God-given creativity within you. We aim to support, strengthen, and launch your idea, turning it into a reality.
The word entrepreneur comes from the old French word entreprendre, which means to undertake. The old joke is that it actually was French for unemployed. That to say we know it’s difficult to be an entrepreneur, someone with a great idea but not necessarily all you need for a successful launch.
There are particular challenges for a social entrepreneur, someone with an idea to better the world:
- a lack of funds
- a lack of networks
- a lack of support
- a lack of skills coaching
Innové provides all of the above. Our finalists will receive funding to launch their idea. They will be connected to broad networks that understand and can further their ideas. Social entrepreneurs will receive support through knowledgable and caring mentors. And they will receive practical skills coaching in a variety of areas that will help hone and improve their idea from all angles.
You provide the passion and creativity as a social entrepreneur and Innové will help with the rest.
First, let’s talk about the name and then describe Innové in a nutshell. Innové is the French word for “breaking new ground.”
Colonial Church invites proposals from idea-makers, 35-years-old and younger, residing in the greater Twin Cities region, to submit proposals for projects that “break new ground” for the sake of cultural betterment and human flourishing in accordance with gospel values of faith, service, grace, justice, love, redemption and reconciliation. Innové offers $250,000 for project grants, along with human resources, expertise, time, networking, creative community and acceleration toward a successful launch.
As for our objectives, we’re looking for “the GOODS”:
- GOOD for the Gospel: To heed with humility and by faith, God’s calling to be salt and light in the world, working toward the promised new creation where righteousness, justice and love fully reside. To promote Christian gospel values of faith, service, grace, justice, love, redemption and reconciliation.
- GOOD for the World: To accelerate the successful launch of creative and faithful ideas that address major challenges in our world.
- GOOD for the Idea-Makers: To enable faithful entrepreneurs to break new ground through identification, mentoring, creating, planning, funding, making, doing, growing, sustaining and celebrating.
- GOOD for the Church: To excite and involve Colonial Church as incubators, innovators, accelerators and partners of new creative work in the world.